Our Three-Year Vision
High-quality, innovative, and equitable educational opportunities that communities are rightly demanding have never been more important as our world deals with the effects of a global pandemic and ongoing racial inequities. We must listen and act. Excellence From Communities is how we plan to do that.
NACSA advances and strengthens the ideas and practices of authorizing so students and communities—especially those who are historically under-resourced—thrive.
Our nation needs to provide better public schools to more children by:
- Improving families’ access to quality schools
- Providing educators the autonomy they need for schools to excel
- Holding schools accountable for their performance
For charter schools to play a vital role in providing better public schools:
- Quality authorizing is essential.
- Authorizers must ensure access, autonomy, and accountability.
- Authorizers must be responsible for the overall performance of their portfolios of schools.